Sunday, November 6, 2016

November's Notes Day 7 - Lioness Arising

OMGoodness! You just have to read this book! Seriously it is so good...even though I am only a little way into it I am in love with it already. Love love love! I feel like she has written it just for me and about me. Maybe you would feel like that too.

For far too long I have wrestled internally with the idea of Christian women being weak and quiet, only allowed to serve the church creche, Sunday school and kitchen duty or perhaps the worship team if you were gifted in that area. Please hear me there is absolutely nothing wrong with that of course...not at all, especially if that is where you are called and where your heart is. But couple this with the idea of being weak, meek and mild mannered, submissive...without a voice....without a strong and audible voice and purpose to make any kind of mark, in the world.  Do you get the picture I am trying to paint. This is just simply not me!

I think I have long been a bit of a feminist which is why I struggled for so long. And felt desperately guilty for it. A secret hidden guilt.  Obviously under misguided teaching from the pulpit but now oh boy....I feel so free, so empowered, so fierce. And thats OK...this is how God has created me and now I need to continue to feel empowered to step purposely into what God has called me to do. 

For now it will be said of Jacob, 
"What wonders God has done for Israel!"
These people rise up like a lioness, 
like a majestic lion rousing itself.
They refuse to rest until they have feasted on prey.... - Numbers 23:23-24

Oooo that just gives me goose bumps just reading it. The frustrating thing for me is that I am unable to read it fast enough....I am in a busy period of life at the moment so finding time is proving to be a little difficult.  But watch this space I might do a reflective piece when I have finished it. Now I am off to read some more....


1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome! Can I just ask though what you mean by now feeling free, and what has changed now that you become empowered? I hope this doesn't come across wrong! I mean it in the most innocent way!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx