Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The Giant Jam Sandwhich

Bedtime stories...I think you either love reading them or loathe them. For the most part I love reading them...Jamie loathes them. He will encourage the kids to pick the shortest story we have...usually a picture board book. When he does get caught with a long story, I catch him reading it as fast as he possibly can. Like I said most night I love reading bedtime stories...I definitely have my favourites and ones that I try to hide from the kids. Is that bad?! This book, The Giant Jam Sandwich is definitely a fav because I love the language and the rhyme it has. But tonight it took FOREVER to read it because I kept getting interrupted with questions and comments...such as these....

Frankie: Mummy...how do wasps have babies?
Jesse: What is salt made of?
Frankie: Mummy...where do wasps live?
Jesse: What's that word? And that one.... what about that one?
Jesse: Let me say the last word.... what's the last word again? (Jesse likes to say the last word in the stanza because it the rhyming one)
Frankie: Why are the birds flying that high? Where are they taking the sandwich?
Jesse: Suggestion....what's a suggestion? (Swinging from the top bunk)
Frankie: I don't like wasps they sting people.
Jesse: Mummy...knock knock...mummy.... mummy.
Let me read the flippin story man!
It truly drives me crazy. How can one read a really cool story with cool voices, expression and excitement when you are interrupted all the time? But the still small voice gently whispered...that I wasn't being fun and the story wasn't about me but about them and that we actually LIKE and encourage questions and discussion in this house. Ouch. Ok point taken.

Will do better tomorrow...different book though



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx