This guy!
He truly fills my heart.... has me in stitches every day. He started his 'schooling' at the beginning of the year, but he truly has me wondering how teachers cope with having half a class full of five-year-old boys. Jesse is not in slightest bit interested in holding a pen to do book work or sitting still.... nope not at all. I may get an hour if I am lucky...and that's spread out over the entire day. He has way too much energy to be sitting still.
Here's what he did today instead....
Made faces and figures out of quesinaires (rods), painted, play doh, stuck quesinaires into play doh and made hedgehogs, bounced on the trampoline, drew pictures while we did devotions, made bread buns, made cupcakes, wrestled, played play doh, and scooted around the block this evening, helped his brother clean the kitchen, unloaded the dishwasher and vacuumed the kitchen floor....and that's just the stuff I noticed.
Honestly some days I struggle under the weight of responsibility of schooling him, but I notice that's after I have looked sideways and see what other little boys are doing in school. I struggle with what he is "SUPPOSE" to be doing but then I realize that is exactly why we chose to homeschool so they could be themselves, learn the way they learn best and not have the pressure of "SHOULD" and "SUPPOSE TO".
To not have the pressure of time to do but have the gift of time to be. What made me realize this again today.... Jesse spending a full 20 mins watching the dough being kneaded in the bread maker and then declaring that the dough looked "like a dog chasing its tail", then painstakingly kneading and rolling the dough into buns and having the satisfaction of serving hot buttered buns to his siblings. This is our why!
I need to remember this when he has tipped the couches on their sides and used foam mattresses and blankets to make a lounge- sized hut or canon balling out the window onto the trampoline.
Lord give me strength!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx