Thursday, January 14, 2016

Journaling January Day 15 - Summer Evening

This evening I took a stroll around the estate which really is just code for around our backyard. Estate makes it sound way more grand than it actually is but it make me feel grand....more grand than I am. Who said adults can't do imaginary lives? ??? 


We have a wedding here in something like 22 sleeps, not counting or anything but it's not everyday ones mother and mother in law gets married. 


Garden progress is coming along quite nicely mainly because my husband is like "super husband " or should that be "super son"? Check out my colourful front porch garden....I am so look loving it right now! 


What I wouldn't give to have a cool wrought iron table and two chairs to sit upon on the verandah in the late summer afternoon sun. Here I imagine I would take tea and scones or even enjoy a glass of a chilled Chardonnay......anybody care to join me?? 


I lovingly planted a wisteria next to the top step so it can entwined its way up to the top and along. It's my new favourite plant. 


Aren't summer evenings just the best?! The just beckon you to relax and throw such things like bedtimes out the window. Tonight the kids ran under sprinklers, swam in pool until they were blue and rode bikes.


I wonder if this evening will be forever etched in their memory like I hope it is in mine! 



What are you doing this evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx