Sunday, January 24, 2016

Journaling January Day 24 - A Few Short Years

Yesterday I was thinking about my last year of high school and how it seemed just like yesterday that I roamed the halls to my locker outside the science lab, hung out with friends and studied madly for the end of year exams. I won't tell you how long ago that was but it does seem like yesterday. 


Today we had the entire youth group start their afternoon of pool-hopping at our house. So many sunscreens bodies in and around the pool. It was loud and wet! But they had a great time. I am such a mother ....grilled some as to whether they had sunscreen on or not! 


Today marked the occasion of my second son joining the youth group something he has been hanging out to do since his older brother started going along. *sigh* they are growing up and fast! Just like high school seemed like yesterday so does the days when I only had one, two and then three little ones. 


Those days were hard, so hard. Much harder than today. I was still having you do everything for these little people, stuff still freaked me out, I still tried to tidy all day after them and I was still parenting for everyone else. I did my time and I did it hard BUT I came out the other side in one piece and here I am today. Seven kids and parenting for ourselves and God. Parenting to how it feels right to us. 


Things don't freak me out anymore. I still don't have all the answers as things get tackled at one thing at a time. And tidying up is totally useless until the very very end of the day. I don't have it altogether and I am ok with that. I have done my time in the trenches and now I am here. Just me. Right here.


 As I put this sweet wee girl to bed tonight I am 100% in love. She sleeps in arms reach with me all night and more often than not she is curled up into my back. Time goes fast and before long she will be pool-hopping with the rest if them. So she can sleep there as long as she wants to cos I know that this time is far too short! 


The saying " the days are long but the years are short" is so true. So mama's hug your wee babies tight. Don't wish this time away too fast!




Do you remember high school clearly?  Do the years seem like they are speeding by?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx