Saturday, January 16, 2016

Journaling January Day 16 - Summer Afternoon

God answered a prayer today albeit a grumpy prayer actually it was more of a whinge "what about me" kind of prayer. Ever prayed one of those? 


Being on limited income usually any kind of travel above and beyond the normal car trips is considered a luxury. So based on where we are which isn't too far from the beach (under an hour) still it isn't really on the cards. I love summer and since I grew up at the beach well summer isn't really summer without sandy feet and salt in your hair. 


Today I really wanted to go to the beach....I yearned to go, needed to go but it wasn't to be. Instead I sat on my deck with my morning coffee and my bible and let his Word wash over me. A few hours later friends rang " do you want to go to the beach? We are taking a BBQ so bring some sausages of you do" Really of course I want to go but my heart sank while we had petrol if we used it we wouldn't be going anywhere for the rest of the week. But before I could say that or even answer her or open my mouth she said " don't worry about petrol we have got you covered" Are you serious????!!!! Unbelievable! I am still in awe of such a clear answer to prayer, even a whingey one at that. A prayer that was privately said and felt. While no one had heard, God heard. 


A few days ago someone asked me if I was ready for God to amaze me, to blow me away this year. I kind of didn't believe her as I have been feeling a little guarded after our really tough year last year but now perhaps I am beginning to! Praise God and huge thank you to our dear friends....you ROCK! 


"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you" Matthew 6:33









What did you do on this crazy hot summers day?  Is it even summer where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx