Monday, January 11, 2016

Journaling January Day 12 - Like Father Like Son

I snapped this photo this morning....isn't it adorable! My three year old son being "just like Dad" eating his big bowl of muesli and "reading " the Word. Don't you love the serious expression on both their faces??

We parents, whether we like it or not are constant role models. Eek and double eek! Tell me about it! I quite frequently drop the ball on a number of things....like we are talking daily, actually probably more like multiple times a day. Fortunately I have forgiving kids....phew! 


Our kids do what we do.....so that means they have seen us throw the dish cloth in the sink and rolled our eyes when they have called our name because they have spilt milk all over the bench which has seeped into books and papers and dripped into the cutlery drawer and on to floor and on top of the spoonful of sugar they also dropped that morning. Awesome! 


So we really shouldn't be surprised when they throw a shoe across the room and screamed in frustration when they couldn't tie their shoe. It also means they have seen us cuddle and speak comforting words to a friend who maybe having moment over a cuppa.....so we may see our little one cuddle a younger sibling or special friend when they have grazed their knee on the front step. 


They are constantly watching us and learning through us on how to navigate the world we live in. So as parents we have the prime opportunity and position for influencing our children as they grow. 


It's a big job but I know you've got this! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx