Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Journaling January Day 7 - Quality Time

Quality Time


I never know what might make it on here from day to day. I started thinking I would do one thing until this happened. 


Quality Time with teenage son, make that sick teenage son! Poor boy isn't very well with a chesty cough thing which doesn't let him venture very far from his bed. I left him home today and when I came home he wanted to share this with me.


 I am not in the very least interested in gaming on any level but for him I will feign an interest because he is interested in it. He wanted to show me the "epic " game play video that he uploaded to His YouTube account! Was it epic? I have no idea but apparently x amount of 'likers' and 'followers' do. But I figure if I want more than just a table talk kind of relationship with him then I have to be interested in what he is interested in and take the time to have the intricacies of Black Ops 3 play explain to me. Awesome!


 My life is that much better now. No really, as much as I don't get into gaming at all and really do think time could be better spent elsewhere it's where he is right now so it's where we (him and I) are right now. Also figure if I need him to haul boxes of nappies, cots and mattresses for me he can't say no! Bonus! 


It's all about meeting them where they are, showing respect for where they are, who they are and what they are interested in. So far so good as we are heading into teenage-dom. He makes me laugh every single day and I can even sneak a hug out of him, when no ones looking of course! Now apparently I need to follow him on twitter??? 



What are your children in to that you aren't?  Can you fake it until you make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx