Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Journaling January Day 13 - Making Memories

Don't take one look at the title and run a mile. For some reason the words "making memories" are invoking cold sweats in parents every where. Parents are feeling under pressure to make spectacular elaborate memories for their kiddies, memories they feel need to cost a lot and/or involve copious amounts of time, preparation and patience!


 I am here to tell you that "making memories" doesn't need to be that way at all! It can be all about the simple things....the tickle fight at bedtime, the dumb song you sing while brushing their teeth, a shoulder ride to the dinner time, a family swim or game of hide and seek. 


Tonight Jamie is sleeping in the pop top caravan with Jesse, watching a movie and having yummy snacks! The girls did this last night too! 


I too used to think that "making memories" had to be huge things for them to remember or want to remember them but no. It's about the feelings associated with the activity what ever that maybe. 


There are two things that you should know about us if you don't already.

1. I am not naturally a fun parent. This is something I had to learn to do, fortunately my husband is a big kid himself and has taught me how to be fun. I am still learning the finer aspects of this.

2. We have been living on very little income for over four years now so have really had to be creative with finding ways that help us be purposeful in making memories.

Sure there are times where it's the last thing I feel like doing but sometimes you have to just "fake it til you make it". It's about investing yourself into the lives of your children, intentionally, on purpose. 


Go on give it a go!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx