Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Journaling January Day 20 - Lake Day

After a crazy morning playing delivery van driver dropping off four lots of various baby items and boxes of clothing and nappies to four different mums and then making a special delivery to the local birthing unit, we had another afternoon of spontaneous fun.


That's what's cool about the summer holidays isn't it? The ability to be somewhat footloose and fancy free. 


This afternoon we spent time at the Lake with family. The kids had a blast taking turns being pulled along behind the boat, having a go at steering and jumping off the nearby bridge! 


I had a blast talking with my bestie and just watching my kids have "the greatest day ever !" My sister in law and I did have a turn being dragged along behind the boat, skimming over the top of the water and being flung out to the side. Boy do I have the sorest arm muscles now though....no tricep dips or bicep curls for me tomorrow! 


There is something about just hanging out with family and good friends isn't there.....it's just so comfy! Kids were dog tired and went straight to bed when we got home. You know its been a good day when that happens. 

My brother in law probably went home and changed his name after it being yelled out 2387 times but each little person! Uncle Mike is the man of the hour in our household!



Are you more footloose and fancy free during the summer?  Whats your favourite thing to do in summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx