Day 40.
So here we are.... our journey through the first 40 days in the life of Charlie Grace has come to an end. I am sad. She has changed in so many ways and grown so much. She is a delight and a blessing...the perfect completion to our family of ten! Man, that still blows me away saying that.... ten! How did we get here?! Well of course I know but I still.....mind blowing.
Me... I feel like I have stepped back into "normal"...well my normal anyway (and is that even normal) ...but there is a newness and a new facet to my life now. And isn't she a gorgeous facet too! Physically I guess I am still healing...still working on my separated abdominal muscles, my weak and sore back and strengthening my core strength. I have to come to terms that I will never look like my 24-year-old self without major and costly surgery. And honestly, I have even looked into it. It's a no go. Body image something I have struggled with and still do. So, I am working in doing the best I can and accepting the rest. It may seem shallow to some but that's my struggle.
40 days of post-partum rest. A purposeful slowing of time to remain inward and sheltered. A time to reflect and grow into this new normal. I managed to have 2 weeks of pretty much complete rest, having to do pretty much nothing. Traditionally in many cultures it's for 40 days this happens.... I think I would go stir crazy if I had to remain rested for 40 days. Doing nothing for 40 days.....Eek!
So where to from here? I think I will continue on to complete documenting our full fourth trimester...maybe or maybe not everyday. There are some days I have no idea what to write about. And I'll also slowly incorporate members of the rest of the family if they'll let me...lol.
But again, thank you for all your support and words of encouragement. And thank you to those who share a part of their own journeys with me. You are all amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx