It was such a beautiful day today that I stupidly decided to take the kids to the park. After yesterday's birthday party, a full weekend and having been stuck inside for days due to weather...they were going crazy which in turn was making me even crazier. I say stupidly because it was a disaster before we even left the driveway. I get to the car and discover that Jamie had the wheels to the capsule, the base to her capsule and Frankies car seat in his car. I managed to put Charlie's seat in without the case (You don't NEED it) and finally put Frankie new seat in the car BUT not before a few choice words left my mouth as I struggled at loosening straps and securing it in the van. All the while the kids were fighting over who is sitting where...the choicest seat being next to Charlie. We finally proceeded to be on our way only to find that someone had vomited all over some of the playground equipment!
Capturing our journey of a big family, big mess, big faith, big God and a big life.
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Here's to breaking the rules
We load back into the car with further fighting and general ridiculousness. We get to the next park and finally let them out.... the words "good riddance" came to mind as they piled out.
I should have got myself a coffee but I am trying not to have more than one a day...darn it. Probably not the best day to not break my own rules.
While at the park I sat watching the kids (of course) and also a group of young mums. They had clearly met up for coffee that afternoon and set up camp their so they could watch their kiddies play. For a slight moment...I thought about how nice and unbusy their lives looked. None of them looked even slightly harassed or disheveled. But as soon as that thought came, I realized how incredibly judgmental that thought was, that I has made a judgement purely based on what I was seeing. That is so wrong. I didn't know them or their stories...and I could completely have it all wrong in my head. As o looked back around at my own kids all laughing and playing on a giant swing together.... I did realize (again) how blessed I am and loved them all the more. That was until I walked back in the house only for WW III to break out WHILE the plumbers were under the house and could hear everything!
Kids keeping you humble since forever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx