Day 24
Sunday afternoons be like.......
Well ladies and gentlemen we made it to church! Whoop whoop. I can't say how nice it was to be back in the house of the Lord and back together with church family. Our people. The people that have carried both Charlie and I through the last few months with prayer, encouragement, meals and blessings. My heart is full to over-flowing. Hibernating away for three weeks has been good for the soul and body....but it was good to be back. I did have a wee moment this morning questioning whether I was ready or not but on reflection that may have had more to do with body image than anything else.
The whole-body image thing is real. It's something I struggle with and it's even worse after giving birth. I feel like I should look better than I do. Even though if it was me talking with a mum in my position I would be preaching "be kind to yourself", "give yourself time" and "you are beautiful". You know all that stuff. I do need to preach it...preach it to the one who needs it the most. Me. Am I listening?
Church must of tired her out because she has slept the entire afternoon half on me as I lay on the couch and then in her swing (that doesn't swing lol). I took some time to read the Word and some of my book on Hygge (pronounced hooga if you didn't know). I can hear a cabin in snowy Alaska with a log fire and a cup of hot chocolate calling my name. But I guess I'll settle for a cup of chamomile and a snuggly newborn and paw patrol playing in the background for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx