Sunday, June 24, 2018

Flashback

Day 39

Flashback to the day Charlie Grace was born.
I get very teary looking st these photos....I have spared you actual c-section photos and photos of her just moments old that my lovely midwife took. Those ones I'll hold close to me as even though I was awake I didn't witness her being born or the first 30mins of her life. I have sadness around that. Hearing her but not seeing or touching her. A mama's first instinct after giving birth is to reach for her baby and hold it close. I missed that. But I take comfort in the fact that she enjoyed skin to skin with her daddy. I love that photo so much. I also love the fact that someone captured the first time I held her and her first feed. I always cry looking at that photo. It was such a massive journey bringing Charlie into the world....planned home birth...failure to progress past 5 cm...posterior lying (the most hideous back pain) ....a spinal and an epidural and consequently led to a c-section.

The recovery and healing from that journey has been a story in itself....but we are getting there...slowly. In spite of any sadness I might have around her birth I also am totally thankful and happy with the decisions that I made and the care that I received. I do not know why it ended up like this but I do know that God is good and He gives us good things...I choose to believe this and the fact I will never know why is ok with me. As we are near the end of #first40withcharliegrace I look at her in awe and wonder...totally marveling at the miracle that is life....and the fact that I get to do this...this life. I get to be her mother. I get to be mother to 7 others....I get to be a wife...get to be in ministry....I get to live this life of privilege because it is a privileged one and I get choose how well I live it. I want to live it well. I want to make a difference, be a world changer....and to do that you just can't dwell on what isn't or the things you don't have or didn't get.


Look at those hats

Thankful for the Medication






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx