Day 31
Today was better than yesterday although I have been battling a headache which is more than likely from a sore neck and shoulders. The sun was shining too which makes a huge difference doesn't it?
Isn't that the way the life goes though...we all have dark days, hard days and bad stuff happens but like the grey dreary weather it never lasts forever...and like the sun that always comes out so does the good times, blessings and rest too.
Charlie is learning to smile and learning to 'talk' baby chatter. This always always melts my heart and brings me utter joy. There simply isn't anything like it.
Someone asked me today if I had suffered the baby blues...I had to stop and think. No I hadn't. I have certainly been reflective over these last few weeks and often that brings me to years but I hadn't experienced any baby blues like I had in previous post-birth periods. I am in a totally different space this time....seeing this time as a gift and not so much the struggle. I definitely have had way more healing and rest time where I have been able to pull back from responsibilities breathe and soley sink myself into enjoying wee Charlie and enjoying just being a mum for a while.
What I have learnt most of all...is to let go. Let go of the control and the stress that brings because for me when I try to control it actually brings me more stress. To slow down and find beauty, which brings joy. And we all need joy, don't we?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx