Sunday, June 3, 2018

Day 18

 Day 18.

I ventured out into public today...like into a shop actually make that two. Talk about a surreal kind of feeling. After living S-L-O-W for weeks now the busyness of the world outside my four walls was overwhelming. It was an overload to my poor senses....and the supermarket was a whole other level. Quite possibly one of the few times I have not wanted to run into anyone I know. My outing needed to be done by me...fortunately my husband was more than happy just to be my driver and sit in the car and mind the baby. I can feel the repercussions in my body now though. 😟 How slow do I have to go?
Wee Charlie slept through the whole outing....as you do when you just a few weeks old.
Today is the last day of SLOW. Tomorrow we'll restart school here. So I caught up on some school prep while enjoying a nice cup of tea. The challenge for me will be getting out of bed earlier....much earlier, I am looking forward to it. Re-entering our normal all the while looking a little different. My husband goes back to work tomorrow. 😭

The last two weeks have been a gift. A true gift of healing and restoring me to myself. A gift to being able to reflect on the unexpected journey that God has taken us on. Right from the beginning this pregnancy was unexpectedly different....which became an unexpected kind of birth...not at all how I planned or remotely wanted. BUT within all that unexpected was this journey. Her story. The story of Charlie Grace. And already God has shown me much. It is only good.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx