Day 23.
Excuse the tired look....maybe I need to map alongside this girl. I think the evenings of flying solo are catching up on me. My shoulders are sore. My face is sore. How do you get a sore face? But I have a few more to go yet so putting on my big girl pants and handling it. Really what else is there to do? Complain? Rant? Loathe? Resent? How is that helpful? Short answer it's not...never. In actual fact it makes it worse. Always.
In this journey I am looking for the good, the beautiful. There is so much ugly in the world. So much broken. So much anger. The world does not need anymore of that and most certainly does not need any from me. As a mother in want to be filling the world of my children with beautiful, with good, things that are pure. Of God.
We are having an "in arms" kind of day here. Fortunately for me that can mean I can spend some time sitting, snuggling and rolling with it. Unfortunately for me that also means the pantry gets raided, the floors get messed and my benches are covered in crumbs and emptied biscuit tins. Although my kids are great and help out a lot....they are also kids and perhaps left a little more unsupervised than normal they cut corners. They are normal.
At times every fibre in my body would to like to throw a fit and bark orders in hopes to get things done quickly. And sometimes I do. But like I said the world doesn't need anymore ugly and while a clean tidy house may happen as a result of that ugly....the real result is the tainted atmosphere that is reflected in their eyes. I known my kids are good kids. Not perfect. But good.
So we slow down. All will be righted all in good time. For now we snuggle. And I breathe.....deeply.
"Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things" - Phil 4:8
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx